CHEAP MOVERS NEAR ME
If you’re one of the more than 20 million Americans moving this year, you might be wondering how you’re going to get your entire household from to a new town or state without spending your entire savings. Unless you decide to sell it out, you’ll have to shell out cash for a moving truck, trailer, moving container, or professional low cost movers. If you are searching for cheap movers near me to assist with your move, here are some suggestions for you upcoming move.
When looking for cheap moving companies near me, here are a few things to keep in mind:
How Much Do Cheap Movers Cost?
On average, cheap moving companies have an average cost between $250 and $5,000. Cheap local movers typically charge hourly rates with pricing between $100-$150/hr; additional travel or storage fees for other services may apply. For a more accurate estimate according to your specific move, get an instant moving quote here ( without the pesky sales calls). Interstate movers charge based on the weight of the load, the distance of the shipment, and the level of service required. Even for cheap moving companies, expect the price to be around
Cheap Movers Additional Fees
Keeping additional fees to a minimum is critical to a cheaper move. While some companies can include these services at no additional charge, other companies charge by the item, distance, hour, or other creative hidden fee. Be sure to ask any movers you think are on the cheap side about the following fees:
- Packing/Wrapping of fragile items
- Temporary storage options
- Moving supplies: boxes, tape, plastic wrap, blankets, mattress protectors
- Placement of Furniture
- Shuttle Fees
- Mileage Surcharge
- Fuel Charge
- Loading/Unloading Fee
- Disassembly and reassembly of furniture at the new house
How To Find Cheap Moving Companies
As you shop for cheap movers near me remember to balance an affordable moving price with quality moving services from experienced movers with good reviews. To find affordable movers that you can trust to transport your things, follow these tips:
- Compare Movers: Find out what charges your moves will have some movers include all charges in their hourly rate while others charge you more for each extra line item.
- Watch Out for Too Good To Be True Prices: Some cheap movers run limited discounts, or promotions, any respectable moving company likely charges rates on par with its competitors, since they often have similar moving labor and overhead costs. If you stumble across an affordable moving company that charges outlandishly low prices, be wary. This “cheap moving company” may be tricking you into a contract, only to tack on additional moving expenses later, or they may be running an otherwise shady and possibly unlicensed company.
- Check Insurance: Ask your mover for a certificate of insurance or check them on the state corporation check site. Some American moving companies are owned by people in a foreign country. This is especially true in MA, NYC, NJ, CT, RI, FL, CA, TX, and places where people move in and out of a lot. Check your state’s local corporation site to check the true owner of the company. I recommend doing a quick search of their name on the internet to see if there are any arrests etc. Believe it or not there are moving companies owned by felons! Be very, very careful. Hire Monster Movers – veteran owned and operated locally since 1999!
- Get a Flat Rate Quote: Your movers should have a software system that generates a quote – never, ever book a move without a written quote.
- Ask About Form of Payment: Reputable companies will be up front with pricing and how you can pay.
Cheapest Moving Options
If you’re moving cross-country or locally, you have several options for getting your entire household moved from your current residence to your new home. Here are some of the cheapest moving options and a comparison of every way to move on the cheap.
1. Selling It All!
Whether you move yourself or hire cheap movers, transporting things to your new home costs money. Instead of loading up the couch you’ve had since your college days and lugging along that bedroom set you aren’t particularly fond of, sell as many things as possible and start fresh in your new hometown. Here are some of the pros and cons of the leave-it-all-behind approach:
- Saves money on moving
- Helps you declutter & purge
- You can update your décor:
- Fun road trip or quick flight
- Requires planning:
- Could get expensive:
- A rough start in your new home
2. Storage Trailer
Renting a storage trailer is an interesting moving option. You will need to have someone to hook it up to a vehicle you already have but it is a very cheap moving option for a DIY move.
- Increased flexibility
- Small moves only
- Must have the right vehicle
- Increased safety issues
- Targeted for theft
- Unload/Load on your own
3. Renting a Truck
Renting a truck is no longer cheaper than actually hiring movers to do a move. The cost of moving trucks has gone up drastically in 2022 with lots of new surcharges. You will also be responsible for insurance which is extremely costly and does not cover the body of the truck
- Driving is tricky
- Poor gas mileage
- Slow speeds
- Insurance costs
- Help with loading and unloading
- Add-on fees
4. Portable Storage
Portable storage seems like the most affordable moving solution to most people. However, the companies are known for upcharging, recommending the wrong number of PODS then charging customers an arm and a leg after the fact. Check PODS reviews
- Loading & unloading
- Parking permits and HOA restrictions
- Limited access to storage
- No control over delivery
3. Hiring a Moving Company
Whether you’re moving locally or out-of-state, finding the best value for your moving jobs the key to a good moving experience. The cheapest movers near me will be inexpensive at the same time, give a high quality service.
- Help with a variety of services
- Assume responsibility for your items
- Door-to-door and full-service solutions
- They manage loading and unloading truck
- Saves time
- Fully equipped with truck, supplies, and equipment
- You don’t have to find people to help
- Trained and knowledgeable
- Long-distance moves could take a while
Top 5 Ways To Save Money Moving
1. Look for Moving Coupons and Discounts
You can find some moving coupons and discount codes here.
2. Compare Moving Companies
3. Avoid Busy Moving Days
4. Only Move What You Must
5. Pack Your Own Boxes